Come Dine With Doreen Presents…
Josie’s Homemade Crunchy Granola Recipe
Homemade cooking is the key to controlling what we eat. There are a lot of hidden ingredients and calories such as added sugar in supermarket packaged foods. You almost need a degree in nutrition to understand the label at the back of the products we buy. Products are marketed to look appealing and lead us to believe that they have good nutritional value.
Granola is something I would avoid eating as I didn’t trust what was in it. Until I met a lady called Josie at my local fruit and vegetable market last week. We met over a jar of coconut oil! She shared her granola recipe with me and it’s so easy to make.
Best way to know what you’re eating is to cook it yourself!
Josie’s Homemade Crunchy Granola
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 2 tspn honey
- 2 tspn coconut oil
- Place oats flat on an oven tray
- Add layer of seeds and coconut
- Top with cinnamon and honey
- Melt coconut oil on stove top or in microwave for 30 seconds
- Cover all dry ingredients with coconut oil
- Cook in a moderate oven for 15 mins or until golden brown
- Leave in tray until cooled
- Add granola to your oats or rice flakes